BIDDING ON AUCTION STYLE PRODUCTS
Jsobs is not a traditional auctioneer, however, we allow some of our products to be listed as an auction style for buyers to bid on them. Jsobs auction process is not too different from any other auction.
Jsobs auction is an online sale in which goods or products are sold to the highest bidder at the end of the auction.
A. What is a Bid? A bid is an offer of a price made by a buyer for a product.
B. What is an outbid? When a buyer makes a higher bid or submits an amount higher than the current bid.
C. What is a product or good? A product or good is the item that is been sold or the item the buyer wants to buy.
D. What is a reserve price? Reserve price is the price at which the seller is willing to sell the item. The seller will not sell the item if the reserve price is not met. To make the process fair this price is hidden from all buyers.
E. What is an auction history? Auction history shows all bids on the item, including the person with the highest bid.
F. What is item condition? Item condition is the condition of the item. The item can be either new or used.
G. What is time left? Time Left shows the time left for that auction to end.
H. What are Policies? Policies explain the terms of the seller who is selling the item. This will state the delivery details as well as if returns are accepted. Every buyer buying on Jsobs must read the seller’s policies.
HOW JSOBS AUCTION WORKS?
- A seller lists a product (for example a laptop) as an auction style.
- The seller will set a starting price for which buyers can start bidding from. Buyers can either bid the starting price or a higher amount. Bidding can be done by using either the plus or minus sign to select an amount and then clicking on the Bid to submit your bid. After the buyer bid his/her amount becomes the current bid.
- Jsobs auction is an incremental auction. This means that a buyer cannot bid an amount lower than the current or starting bid. For example, if the starting price or current bid is Gh¢150, buyers who bid afterwards can only submit a bid/amount more than Gh¢150.
- You can bid again if another buyer outbids you. That is if a buyer submits an amount higher than yours, to have the highest/winning bid again you can submit another bid higher than the new current bid.
- The process of bidding and outbidding continues until the auction comes to an end.
- At the end of the auction, the buyer with the highest bid wins the auction, provided it met or exceeded the reserve price. The buyer will receive the laptop after he/she has paid for the item. Delivery details are stated under the seller’s policies.
I WON WHAT NEXT?
It is now time to pay for the item you won. Usually, if you do not pay after a number of hours (defined by the seller) the item will be sold to the next highest bidder or it will be relisted.
Payments are made on Jsobs by clicking on checkout under My Account or under the bag icon on the top of the page besides the heart icon.
At the payment page enter your billing address. This is the address of the person paying for the product. This person can be a different person other than the buyer who won the bid e.g. winning a bid for a friend or family member.
Enter your shipping address. This is the address where you want the item to be delivered to.
After entering the billing and shipping address click on next or ok to go to the next page. On the next page, you will enter your payment details if you are paying with a debit card. If you are paying with a debit card, the billing address should match the address of the debit card owner.
If you are paying directly into our bank account or mobile money wallet, a detailed instruction and our mobile money and account information will be displayed on the payment page.