No products in the cart.
This terms and conditions are interim and will be updated from time to time. Expect major changes.
The entity you are contracting with is Jonhord Ventures. In this User Agreement, this entity is referred to as “Jsobs”.
Jsobs provides an online marketplace that allows users to offer, sell and buy just about anything in a variety of pricing formats and locations in Ghana. The actual contract for sale is directly between the seller and the buyer. Jsobs is not a traditional auctioneer.
While we may provide pricing, shipping, listing, sourcing, and other guidance in our Services, such guidance is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. Also, while we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programs, Jsobs has no control over and does not guarantee: the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users’ content or listings; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- post, list or upload illegal contents;
- breach or circumvent any laws, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the website, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce a limitation on the use of the website and the contents contained therein;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18 years old), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in Jsobs policy, for example, the seller has materially changed the item’s description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot contact the seller;
- fail to deliver items sold by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in a Jsobs policy, for example, the buyer fails to comply with the posted terms in your listing or you cannot contact the buyer;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with any other user’s listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libellous content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or review systems;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Jsobs or the interests or property of users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, data mining tools, data gathering and extraction tools, or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose, except with the prior express permission of Jsobs;
- interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to Jsobs. Some, but not all, actions that may constitute infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to Jsobs or someone else;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belong to you;
- commercialize any Jsobs application or any information or software associated with such application, except with the prior express permission of Jsobs;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
Sellers performance must meet Jsobs’s minimum standards. Failure to meet these standards may result in additional fees, and/or limiting, restricting, suspending, or downgrading your seller account.
If we believe you are abusing Jsobs and/or our Services in any way, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with your account(s), remove, not display, and/or demote listings, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Services.
If we believe you are violating the policy on Offers to buy or sell outside of Jsobs, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits on your buying and selling privileges, restrictions on listings and account features, suspension of your account, application of fees, and recovery of expenses for policy monitoring and enforcement. If you are a seller and you offer or reference your contact information or ask a buyer for their contact information in the context of buying or selling outside of Jsobs, you may be liable to pay the commission applicable to that item, even if the item does not sell.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user’s performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.
The fees and commissions we charge for using our Services are listed on our commission’s page. We may change our seller commissions from time to time by posting the changes on the Jsobs site 14 days in advance.
If you are a seller, you are liable for transaction commissions arising out of all sales made using some or all Jsobs Services, even if sales terms are finalized or payment is made outside of Jsobs. In particular, if you offer or reference your contact information or ask a buyer for their contact information in the context of buying or selling outside of Jsobs, you may be liable to pay a commission applicable to that item, even if the item doesn’t sell, given your usage of Jsobs Services for the introduction to a buyer.
You must be verified and have a payment method on file when selling through Jsobs Services and to receive payments.
Seller commission does not purchase exclusive rights to item exposure on Jsobs, whether on a web page, mobile app, or otherwise. We may, in our sole discretion and without consent from, or payment, commission reduction, or other credit to, sellers, display third-party advertisements (including links and references thereto) or other content in any part of our Services.
When listing an item, you agree to comply with Jsobs’s Listing policies and Selling practices policy and that:
- You are responsible for the accuracy and content of the listing and item offered
- Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances). jsobs can’t guarantee exact listing durations
- Content that violates any of Jsobs’s policies may be modified, made clearer or deleted at Jsobs’s discretion
- We may revise product data associated with listings to supplement, remove, or correct information
- We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:
- buyer’s location, search query, browsing site, and history;
- item’s location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
- seller’s history, including listing practices, Detailed Seller Ratings, Jsobs policy compliance, Feedback, and defect rate; and
- number of listings matching the buyer’s query
- To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer
- Jsobs’s Duplicate listings Policy may also affect whether your listing appears in search results
- Meta tags and URL links that are included in a listing may be removed or altered so as to not affect third-party search engine results
- We may provide you with optional recommendations to consider when creating your listings. Such recommendations may be based on the aggregated sales and performance history of similar sold and current listings; results will vary for individual listings. To drive the recommendations experience, you agree that we may display the sales and performance history of your individual listings to those of other sellers
When buying an item, you agree to the Rules and policies for buyers and that:
- You are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a bid or commitment to buy
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item
- For motor vehicles and real estate, a bid or offer initiates a non-binding transaction representing a buyer’s serious expression of interest in buying the seller’s item and does not create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller
- We do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer
The terms that govern Jsobs and its affiliates can be found under Jsobs Affiliate Terms
Jsobs Referral Program
Users earn Gh¢1.5 for referring someone to become a new member. Users earn an additional Gh¢8.5 if the member becomes a seller, successfully completes a verification process and lists at least one product. The new members also earn Gh¢5 for registering. The verification process is the completion of all necessary seller details after registration. Necessary seller details include:
- Upload of a recognizable/national Identification.
- Payment information. That is the details on how to receive payment or commission.
- Seller location.
- Seller Policies to include shipping/delivery and return policy if any.
Jsobs will pay all amount earned in the form of store credits, coupons and gift cards. Store credits, coupons and gift cards cannot be withdrawn unless it’s otherwise stated. Store credits and coupons can be used to purchase items on Jsobs and its affiliates’ sites. Gift cards can be used the same way as a debit card but cannot be overdrawn to exceed the amount on the card. At the moment Jsobs Program Awareness Agents are capable of withdrawing amount earned for referring sellers.
Jsobs Awareness Agents
Jsobs’ Program Awareness Agents are people who have partnered with us to a commercial to educate the public of our programs. Awareness agents must follow all rules of Jsobs and in the Program Awareness Agent Terms. Program Awareness Agents will be reimburse monthly: a base wages plus any additional commission earned as spelled out in their terms. A Program Awareness Agent’s role includes but not limited to educating, onboardind, registering, and regular follow ups.
When providing content using the Services (directly or indirectly), you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined above) you have in that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of the Services, in any media known now or developed in the future. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your right to enforce against Jsobs, our assignees, our sublicensees, and their assignees your Intellectual Property Rights in that content in connection with our, those assignees’, and those sublicensees’ use of that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of the Services.
You represent and warrant that, for all such content you provide, you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to do so and to meet your obligations under this User Agreement. You represent and warrant that such content is accurate. You represent and warrant that use of any such content (including derivative works) by us, our users, or others in contract with us, and in compliance with this User Agreement, does not and will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party. Jsobs takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content provided by you or any third party.
We offer product data (including images, descriptions and specifications) that are provided by third parties (including Jsobs users). You may use that content solely in your Jsobs listings. Jsobs may modify or revoke that permission at any time in our sole discretion. The product data includes copyrighted, trademarked and other proprietary materials. You agree not to remove any copyright, proprietary, or identification markings in the product data and not to create any derivative works based on that data (other than by including the data in your listings).
We try to offer reliable product data, but cannot promise that the content provided through the Services will always be available, accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You agree that Jsobs is not responsible for examining or warranting the listings or content provided by third parties through the Services and that you will not attempt to hold us or our data providers liable for inaccuracies. As a seller, you agree to ensure that content directly associated with your listings is accurate.
The name “Jsobs” and other Jsobs marks, logos, designs, and phrases that we use in connection with our Services are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Jsobs. They may not be used without the express written prior permission of Jsobs.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the website infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below. A copy of your notification will be sent to the seller who posted the material. Please be advised that pursuant to Ghana Law you may be held liable for damages if you make a material misrepresentation in a notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material linked or located to our website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
Holds and Withdrawals
To protect Jsobs from risk of liability for your actions as a seller, Jsobs has at times, and may continue to restrict access to funds in a seller’s earnings based on certain factors, including, but not limited to: selling history, seller performance, returns, riskiness of the listing category, transaction value, or the filing of a Jsobs Money Back Guarantee case. This may result in restricted funds to your earnings beyond the normal holding period. Seller funds are normally held for 7 days before they are available for withdrawals.
However, a seller’s funds may normally be realease early if the buyer explicitly cofirms through review, comments or email the receipts and satisfaction of item purchased.
A sellers may request for a withdrawal after 7 days or earlier provided the conditions of earlier withdrawal have been met. After 14 days the funds would be automatically transferred to the sellers mobile money or bank account on file.
Request for withdrawals do not carry any fees, provided there are no payment gateway fees, which will be borne by the seller. Additionally, too many withdrawal requests within a short period may attract a fees.
Authorization to Contact You
Jsobs may contact you using auto-dialed or prerecorded calls and text messages, at any telephone number that you have provided us, to: (i) notify you regarding your account; (ii) troubleshoot problems with your account; (iii) resolve a dispute; (iv) collect a debt; (v) poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires; or (vi) as otherwise necessary to service your account or enforce this User Agreement, our policies, applicable law, or any other agreement we may have with you. Jsobs may also contact you using auto-dialed or prerecorded calls and text messages for marketing purposes (e.g., offers and promotions) if you consent to such communications. Our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information is governed by the User Privacy Notice. As described in our User Privacy Notice, Jsobs may collect other telephone numbers for you and may place manual non-marketing calls to any of those numbers and auto-dialled non-marketing calls to any landline. Standard telephone minute and text charges may apply. If you do not wish to receive such communications, request removal from the communication list by emailing us at email@example.com.
Jsobs may share your telephone number with its authorized service providers as stated in our User Privacy Notice. These service providers may contact you using auto-dialed or prerecorded calls and text messages, only as authorized by Jsobs to carry out the purposes identified above.
Jsobs may, without further notice or warning and in its discretion, monitor or record telephone conversations you or anyone acting on your behalf has with Jsobs or its agents for quality control and training purposes, or for its own protection.
Jsobs’s automated systems may scan and analyze the contents of every message sent through its messages platform, including messages between users, to detect and prevent fraudulent activity or violations of Jsobs’s User Agreement, including the incorporated terms, notices, rules, and policies. This scanning and analysis may occur before, during, or after the message are sent, or while in storage, and may result in your message being delayed or withheld. Jsobs may store message contents, including to conduct this scanning and analysis.
Privacy of Others; Marketing
If Jsobs provides you with information about another user, you agree you will use the information only for the purposes that it is provided to you. You may not disclose, sell, rent, or distribute a user’s information to a third party for purposes unrelated to the Services. Additionally, you may not use information for marketing purposes, via electronic or other means, unless you obtain the consent of the specific user to do so.
- Returns and Cancellations
- Sellers can create rules to automate replacements, returns, and refunds under certain circumstances. For all new sellers, in listings where returns are accepted, Jsobs will set a default rule that automates the return process. Sellers may remove or customize their return preferences in their store settings within the seller’s dashboard. Where settings have been set to automatically accept requests for returns or replacements, a Jsobs-generated return shipping label will be provided to your buyer. You agree to comply with our returns policy.
- When an item is returned, to refund the buyer, you (as a seller) authorize Jsobs to request a removal of the refund amount from your earnings, place the amount on your invoice, and/or charge your payment method on file.
- The cost of return shipping for an item that is not as described is the seller’s responsibility.
- You (as a seller) authorize Jsobs to remove the return shipping label cost from your earning or place the cost on your invoice, subject to your automatic payment method on file when:
- A jsobs-generated return label is used, and the seller is responsible for its cost;
- Returns have been automated;
- You fail to send your buyer a return shipping label and, instead, a Jsobs-generated shipping label is used; and/or
- A transaction is cancelled, and to refund the buyer, you (as a seller) authorize Jsobs to hold the amount from your earnings or charge your payment method on file. See returns and shipping policy for more details.
Jsobs Money Back Guarantee
- Most Jsobs sales go smoothly, but if there’s a problem with a purchase, the Jsobs Money Back Guarantee helps buyers and sellers communicate and resolve issues. You agree to comply with the policy and permit us to make a final decision on any Jsobs Money Back Guarantee case.
- If you (as a seller), choose to reimburse a buyer or are required to reimburse a buyer or Jsobs under the Jsobs Money Back Guarantee, you authorize Jsobs to hold that amount from your earnings, place the amount on your invoice, and/or charge your payment method on file. If we cannot get reimbursement from you, we may collect the outstanding sums using other collection mechanisms, including retaining collection agencies.
- We may suspend the Jsobs Money Back Guarantee in whole or in part without notice if we suspect abuse or interference with the proper working of the policy.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We try to keep our Services safe, secure and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond Jsobs’s control.
You agree that you are making use of our Services at your own risk and that they are being provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, other intangible losses, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
- the content you provide (directly or indirectly) using the Services;
- your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- pricing, shipping, format, or other guidance provided by jsobs;
- delays or disruptions in our Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any jsobs Service;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our Services or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account or breach of the Abusing jsobs Section above;
- the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results as set out in the Listing Conditions Section above; or
- your need to modify practices, content, or behaviour, or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) any amounts due under the Jsobs Money Back Guarantee up to the price the item sold for on Jsobs (including any applicable tax) and its original shipping costs, (b) the amount of commission in dispute not to exceed the total commission, which you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (c) Gh¢100.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favour at the time of agreeing to this release.
You will indemnify and hold us (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this User Agreement, your improper use of Jsobs’s Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON HOW CLAIMS YOU AND JSOBS HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED.
You and jsobs agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen, or may arise, between you and jsobs (including any claim or dispute between you and a third-party agent of jsobs) that relates in any way to or arises out of this or previous versions of this User Agreement, your use of or access to the Services, the actions of Jsobs or its agents, or any products or services sold or purchased through the Services, will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes Section.
- Applicable Law
You agree that the laws of Ghana will govern this User Agreement and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and Jsobs, except as otherwise stated in this User Agreement.
- Agreement to Arbitrate
You and jsobs each agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen, or may arise, between you and jsobs (including any disputes or claims between you and a third-party agent of jsobs) that relate in any way to or arise out of this or previous versions of the User Agreement, your use of or access to the Services, the actions of jsobs or its agents, or any products or services sold, offered, or purchased through the Services shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court.
Except as otherwise provided in this User Agreement, if any provision of this User Agreement is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. In our sole discretion, we may assign this User Agreement, and in such event, we will post a notice on www.jsobs.com.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such Section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this User Agreement.
We may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on www.jsobs.com. Our right to amend the User Agreement includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms in the User Agreement. We will provide you with 14 days’ notice by posting the amended terms. Additionally, we will notify you through the Jsobs Message Center and/or by email. Your continued access or use of our Services constitutes your acceptance of the amended terms. We may also ask you to acknowledge your acceptance of the User Agreement electronically. This User Agreement may not otherwise be amended except through mutual agreement by you and a Jsobs representative who intends to amend this User Agreement and is duly authorized to agree to such an amendment.
The policies and terms posted on our Services may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the Jsobs Service.
If you create or use an account on behalf of a business entity, you represent that you are authorized to act on behalf of such business and bind the business to this User Agreement. Such an account is owned and controlled by the business entity. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this User Agreement.
The User Agreement and all terms and policies posted through our Services set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and jsobs and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.